Soft Milk Fiber Meshes
Lanital milk fiber knitwear collection, 100% casein
Did you know that milk can be worn?
Always attentive to innovations and natural fibers, we have introduced in our collections knitted clothing items for men and women in yarn derived from milk, precisely from its main protein: casein.
Milk fiber is very similar to wool but with some peculiar characteristics that are really interesting.
The quality of Made in Italy joins the knitwear created from milk, soft and luminous.
Characteristics of milk fiber
- makes the colors particularly iridescent and shiny;
- it is soft, comfortable, conveys a pleasant feeling of well-being;
- gentle on the skin, does not cause itching;
- it is completely non-toxic, antibacterial, breathable, guarantees rapid sweat absorption, leaving the body cool and dry, thanks to its thermo-regulating properties;
- it is as warm as merino wool;
- has the great advantage of not being attacked by moths!
- it is very light: it weighs 10% less than wool and 13% less than polyester;
- does not cause peeling effect (dots and lint on garments);
- it washes easily (even in the washing machine at 30 °) and maintains its characteristics unaltered after many washes;
- it is made up of natural, ecological, environmentally friendly fiber.
The history of milk fiber
During the fascist period, Italy was harassed by heavy sanctions that prevented it from importing necessary raw materials, including wool. For this reason, it was decided to develop a synthetic fiber with the resources present in the country that had characteristics as close as possible to those of wool.
Snia Viscosa di Schio made a discovery in 1935. The engineer Antonio Ferretti succeeded in separating the main milk protein, casein, making it spinable. The Merinova product (Lanital) was improved after the war and used above all in underwear and yarns often mixed with merino wool and cashmere. But after the initial success, Lanital was supplanted by the cheaper Acrylic and the nascent new synthetic and artificial fibers. In recent years the milk yarn has been improved again.Come back upstairs